194th Welcome Header

Welcome to the 194th Armored Brigade official Website.

194th Armored Brigade transforms volunteers into disciplined, fit, and competent Scouts, Tankers, and Mechanics ready to contribute as a member of a team that will fight and win the nation’s wars.

The 3rd Battalion, 81st Armor Regiment is now attached to the 199th Infantry Brigade.
Click here for their link.

Commander's Intent

While in command I owe it to each of you to foster and live by our Army values and to provide the commitment, competence, candor, and courage to produce a well-trained, well-led, well-maintained, and well-cared for team; a team capable of conducting initial entry training to standard providing the Army with highly motivated, well-disciplined, physically and mentally fit Soldiers, who are trained in basic military occupational skills, focused on teamwork, and who are committed to our Army's core values.

Mission

194th Armored Brigade transforms volunteers into disciplined, fit, and competent Scouts, Tankers, and Mechanics ready to contribute as a member of a team that will fight and win the nation’s wars.

Vision Statement Slide

Brigade History

The history of the 194th Armored Brigade dates back to 24 June 1921 in the Organized Reserves as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 194th Infantry Brigade, assigned to the 97th Division and organized in June 1922 at Concord, New Hampshire.

It was redesignated 23 March 1925 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 194th Brigade and again on 24 August 1936 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 194th Infantry Brigade.

It converted and redesignated 12 February 1942 as the 3d Platoon, 97th Reconnaissance Troop, 97th Division (Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 193d Infantry Brigade, concurrently converted and redesigned as the 97th reconnaissance Troop, [less 3d Platoon], 97th Division).

The Troop was ordered into active military service 25 February 1943 and reorganized at Camp Swift, Texas, as the 97th Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, an element of the 97th Infantry Division and reorganized and redesignated 1 August 1943 as the 97th Reconnaissance Troop, Mechanized.

On 15 October 1945 it reorganized and redesignated as the 97th Mechanized Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop and inactivated 31 March 1946 in Japan (Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve).

The 3d Platoon, 97th Mechanized Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop converted and redesignated 15 July 1962 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 194th Infantry Brigade, and relieved from assignment to the 97th Infantry Division; concurrently withdrawn from the Army Reserve and allotted to the Regular Army (remainder of the troop concurrently converted and redesignated as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 193d Infantry Brigade – hereafter separate linage).

On 1 October 1962 it converted and redesigned as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 194th Armor Brigade, activated 21 December 1962 at Fort Ord, California, inactivated 29 June 1995 at Fort Knox, Kentucky.  On 9 November 2006 transferred to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command.

The Headquarters activates 10 July 2007 on Brooks Field, Fort Knox, Kentucky. The 194th Armored Brigade will continue the fine traditions of the 1st Armor Training Brigade and produce the world’s finest Soldiers.

Currently conducting split base operations from Fort Knox and Fort Benning as part of the MCoE.

194th Organizational Chart Slide


194th Armored Photos

Flash Player Not installed
To Download the Latest Version Click Here
Popular Galleries: