Army Reconnaissance Course (ARC) Site
Army Reconnaissance Course (ARC)
The Mission of the Army Reconnaissance Course (ARC) is to train Reconnaissance and Security leaders to develop advanced skills of R&S, develop skills to better understand the Commander’s information requirements, to communicate battlefield information, and to develop understanding of employing supporting assets while maneuvering a scout platoon in a combined arms unit.
- Apply the fundamentals of reconnaissance and security (R&S) while leading a scout platoon
- Apply leadership skills and self-confidence to solve R&S mission relevant problems
- Apply the troop leading procedures while planning and executing R&S missions
- Evaluate the use of terrain by enemy and friendly forces
- Analyze threat forces and critically apply intelligence preparation of the battlefield (IPB)
- Understand advanced communications and reporting techniques in an electronically contested environment.
- Understand the fundamentals of supporting assets within the framework of mission planning and execution
- Understand capabilities and limitations of R&S formations across BCTs
- Understand R&S and scout platoon doctrine in FM3-98 and ATP 3-20.98