The 316th Cavalry Brigade was constituted in September 1942 in Army of the United States as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 8th Tank Destroyer Group. In October of 1942, the brigade was activated at Camp Hood, Texas. Inactivated in October 1945 at Camp Bowie, Texas. Converted and Re-designated in August 1947 as Headquarters and Headquarters Troop, 316th Cavalry Group, Mechanized, and allotted to the Organized Reserves. Activated September 1947 at Omaha Nebraska. Inactivated December 1948 at Omaha, Nebraska. Re-designated March 1952 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 316th Armored Cavalry Group, and activated at Roswell, New Mexico. Re-designated July 1953 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 316th Armor Group. Inactivated April 1959 at Roswell, New Mexico. Re-designated July 2007 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 316th Cavalry Brigade and transferred to the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command. Headquarters activated July 2009 at Fort Knox Kentucky. Campaign participation credits include World War II, Northern France, Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace and Central Europe.
The 316th Cavalry Brigade educates, trains, and inspires
leaders to command, lead, and train Armor and
Reconnaissance Formations in Combat as part of a
Combined Arms Team.
This is an official U.S. Army Website sponsored by U.S. Army Maneuver Center of Excellence (MCoE)