Catholic Religious Education
To provide learning opportunities for adults, youth and children to learn about God and His Kingdom, to celebrate in His worship and to participate in His service.
- Train teachers in catechetics.
- Offer a comprehensive Religious Education Program for all parishioners from Pre-school through Adulthood, with emphasis on integration of doctrine and liturgy.
- Plan and support Youth Ministry.
- Promote and support Children’s Liturgies.
- Implement the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and Children, train catechists, facilitators and sponsors for the RCIA and RCIC.
- Prepare candidates and parents for reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, Eucharist, Confirmation and Matrimony.
- Provide retreat opportunities for youth and adults.
Children in Grade 2 and above receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation in the Fall, prior to preparing for First Communion. Parents and children together prepare at sessions held in the Fall at MCoE Main Post Chapel.
Children in Grades 2 and above who have received the Sacrament of Reconciliation and have been determined ready to take their place at the Table of the Lord, meet with their parents at preparation sessions at Main Post Chapel.
Children must attend all sessions with a parent or guardian and must have their Baptismal record on file prior to beginning the sessions.
Parents wishing to have their child/children Baptized in the Catholic Church must attend Mass regularly and must participate in a session concerning Baptism. Call the Religious Education Center at 706-545-0045 for more information.
The Confirmation preparation program is held on Sunday at 1030 in the Faith Middle School building. Confirmandi must have participated in the faith formation program for a minimum of the two prior years and must be in eighth grade or high school to enter the program.
Special Deployment Program
We are prepared to arrange special sacramental programs for the Families of our deployed Soldiers. Please call 706-545-0045 to make arrangements.