Weddings in Fort Benning Chapels
Weddings are essential Religious Events. They are Sacramental in nature. Chaplains conduct weddings in accordance with their faith group requirements and may utilize military chapels for these religious ceremonies.
- All weddings must have a Chaplain sponsor. Civilian clergy may conduct weddings on the Installation if a military is willing to sponsor the wedding. The sponsoring Chaplain will maintain a copy of the clergy member's license.
- Only military Chaplains may reserve the chapel for a wedding.
- The Fort Benning Chapels are available for wedding ceremonies to those in possession of current Military I.D. cards. Military Chapels are also available to eligible Family members of those mentioned above, and authorized DA Civilians.
- Chaplains require pre-marital counseling for a period of time before conducting a wedding.
- Your Chaplain sponsor will assist you in understanding the policies of the chapel you will utilize for your wedding and will coordinate your reservation with the NCOIC and OIC of the chapel.
- Do not make any invitations or definite arrangements for your wedding until we have confirmed that you may have that day and time.
- After meeting with the couple and consenting to officiate or sponsor the wedding, the chaplain will complete the reservation form and deliver it to the appropriate chapel administration office. Only the Garrison Chaplain may grant exceptions to these guidelines.