Expert Infantryman Badge (EIB) Site
Expert Infantryman Badge
The EIB resources page is updated continuously. To ensure you're getting the most recent information about the EIB resources you should refresh your browser cache. To perform a cache refresh press the Ctrl + F5 key on the page.
STEP 1: Start Planning!
- Begin Unit training 120-180 days prior; the official EIB train-up period is not sufficient to pass!
- Contact the EIB Program Manger no less than 120 days prior to your proposed test date.
- Allocate time on your training calendar.
- Submit land, ammunition, resources, manpower, and logistical requests.
- Read USAIS PAM 350-6 to determine what items you do not have on hand; develop a resourcing strategy.
- Ensure all potential Candidates are afforded the ability to qualify on an ARF range. They must qualify Expert no more than 180 days prior to the test.
STEP 2: Documents Required to Submit an EIB Test Request
- Request Testing Memo with Digital Signature (Word)
Do not alter the wording of this document with the exception of completing the highlighted information specific to your unit.
- Request Testing Memo with Digital Signature (PDF)
- Request for ALT C Waiver
If you are submitting a waiver for ALT C, the following requirements apply:
- Waiver(s) must be individualized, or contain an attached roster.
- Each waiver must include a detailed description of why a waiver is required for that soldier; poor planning is not a valid reason.
- Each soldier's waiver must also include their most recent ARF range qualification card (within one year) showing them qualified expert, AND their most recent ALT C qualification card (within six months) showed them qualified expert.
ALT C is meant to extend an individual's qualification when they legitimately do not have access to an ARF range; it is not meant to replace the standard qualification procedure.
- Land Navigation Waivers
Waivers for Land Navigation are no longer necessary, but you must meet the following requirements, which are included in the 11 May 350-6:
- Must use two different Land Navigation sites if they are available, reasonable, and feasible.
- If only one site is available, you must change the location of all points between training and testing, or set aside completely different points that will not be used for practice.
- You must have a spreadsheet that shows all the practice and test lanes/points. It must show the locations and names of all points, as well as the distance between points, and total distance per lane.
- USAIS PAM 350-6 11 AUG 2016
USAIS PAM 350-6 11 MAY 2018
Read and be familiar with the version that you will be testing under; please plan accordingly.
STEP 3: Documents Required for Validation
- Detailed Concept of Operation and Schedule required no less than 30 days prior to your proposed Validation date.
- 2016 Version Blank Commander's Sworn Statement (PDF)
2016 Version Blank Commander's Sworn Statement (Word)
2018 Version Blank Commander's Sworn Statement (PDF)
2018 Version Blank Commander's Sworn Statement (Word)
Do not alter the wording of this document with the exception of completing the highlighted information specific to your unit. You must complete all the highlighted portions. You must have one sworn statement per Battalion represented.
- Example Commander's Sworn Statement
- Validation Schedule
While the order of events on this schedule is flexible, all tasks must be completed in order to be validated.
- Effective Immediately, Candidate Packets will be replaced by an up to date ERB/ORB/SRB
- Use the record briefs to build/validate your roster/spreadsheet.
- Record brief date must be within one month of the first day of validation.
- Expert qualification within the specified time frame must be reflected.
- Candidate's MOS will be checked to ensure eligibility.
- Height and weight will be checked for compliance.
- Candidate must not be flagged.
- Candidate must have a passing APFT within six months of training day one.
These items must be up to date, or verifying paperwork will be stapled to the Record Brief. Record briefs that are not up to date will be the exception rather than the rule and must be briefed to the EIB Program Manager in advance.
The testing Unit may require additional packet items, but OCOI will validate the BN CDR's Sworn Statements (one per BN), the ERB/ORB/SRB (one per Candidate), and the Unit Tracker Spreadsheet (must be complete at the end of Validation).
STEP 4: Documents for Testing
- Old Standard Unit Tracker with Auto-populate
We will go over this spreadsheet and roster during your validation; ensure the roster is complete prior to our arrival. Its use is mandatory and after you have been validated, no more Candidates can be added to the roster. At the end of each testing day, you must submit this document to the EIB Test Manager and you must include the final version along with the Final Orders Roster spreadsheet and President of the Board Sworn Statement upon completion.
It is highly recommended to use this during your practice week as well.
- Individual Score Sheet
The Candidates will carry this with them during Lane Testing as a summary of their progress. It will not be used for grading or tracking purposes. It must be collected at the end of each day.
- Station Tracker
This document replaces the old Individual Scorecards at each station. It can be modified as necessary. This is a controlled item and must only be filled out by the graders at that specific station. They will all be collected at the end of each day and reconciled with the Unit Tracker.
STEP 5: Documents Required to Receive Your Orders
- Final Orders Roster and Embedded Sworn Statement
You must fill out all information completely and correctly in order to receive your orders and certificates and submit this file along with your completed Unit Tracker spreadsheet (under STEP 3).
If you are using the Unit Tracker with Auto-Populate, all this information is included.
- President of the Board's Sworn Statement
This is embedded in the third tab of the EIB Tracker, but can also be printed and filled out by hand.
STEP 6: Required within 15 Days of Test Completion
YOUR unit is responsible for updating the OMPF of ALL candidates who earn the EIB