Welcome to the home of Airborne and Ranger Training Brigade
The Airborne & Ranger Training Brigade conducts the Ranger Course in order to produce Rangers to fill U(75th RGR RGT)/V (Airborne Ranger)/G (Non-Airborne Qualified Ranger) coded positions within the units whose primary mission is to close with and destroy the enemy in direct fire battle. Additionally, the ARTB conducts the Basic Airborne, Pathfinder, and Jumpmaster courses in order to SUPPORT U.S. Airborne Joint Forcible Entry capability.
Ranger School Statistics
- 60% of all Ranger School failures occur in the first 4 days (“RAP Week”): RPA, Land Nav, Footmarch, CWSA.
- 30% of all Ranger School failures occur due to Personal Reasons: Admin, Lack of Motivation, Special Circumstances.
- 10% of all Ranger School failures occur due to Academics: Patrols, Peers, Serious Observation Report, Medical Issues.
- Only 2.2% of all Ranger School failures are due to Patrols (Academic).
- Only 5% of all Ranger School failures are due to Patrols, Patrols/Peers, Patrols/Peers/Spots (Academic).
- 50.13% Overall Graduation Rate last 6 years (FY 06-FY 11) 37.2% Ranger Graduates Recycle at least 1x Phase of Ranger School
- 75% of those who complete RAP week will eventually pass the Darby Phase and move on to the Mountain Phase. Darby Recycle Rate is approximately 15%.
- 94% of those who start the Mountain Phase will eventually pass and move on to the Florida Phase. Mountain Recycle Rate is approximately 18%.
- 98% of those who start Florida Phase will eventually pass and graduate Ranger School. Florida Recycle Rate is approximately 18%.