- To provide SQI "E" Training for ARNG, USAR & AC.
- To develop and conduct training for the Department of the Army
in basic and advanced mountain warfare and cold weather skills
and tactics to be employed by combat units during all climatic
- To train supported units in mountain warfare and cold weather
skills; to provide technical assistance and advice to supported
units in the conduct of mountain operations.
- To train, equip, and maintain a high angle mountain search and
- Throughout the course of history, armies have been significantly
affected by the requirement to fight in the mountains. With approximately
38 percent of the worlds landmass classified as mountains,
the Army must be prepared to deter conflicts, resist coercion,
and defeat aggression in mountains as in other areas.
- The purpose of the SQI "E" Course, Military Mountaineer,
is to train soldiers in the specialized skills required for operating
in mountainous terrain, under all climatic conditions, day and
- These courses teach soldiers how to use adverse terrain and
weather conditions to their advantage as a combat multiplier.
This aids in preserving the unit strength and combat power to
achieve mission success.
- Our ultimate objective is to teach MOBILITY.