- Read Aheads
- Local Area
- Conference Operations
- VIP Lodging
The agenda for the 2014 Maneuver Conference is currently being developed and is subject to change.
“HONING THE MANEUVER FORCE FOR THE NEXT FIGHT”
Monday, 8 September 2014
Tuesday, 9 September 2014
Wednesday, 10 September 2014
Thursday, 11 September 2014
Friday, 12 September 2014
26 June 2014
MEMORANDUM of INSTRUCTION
SUBJECT: Maneuver Conference “Virtual” Attendance Procedures
- Purpose. To outline effective operating procedures for the 2014 Maneuver Conference "virtual" attendees enabling maximum participation and user satisfaction using Defense Connect Online (DCO), 9-12 September 2014 at the McGinnis-Wickam Hall, Fort Benning, Georgia.
- All seminar virtual attendees must adhere to the procedures outlined in this memorandum to facilitate the effective collaborative transfer of information presented in unclassified mediums for the duration of the Maneuver Conference.
- Recommend ALL virtual attendees have an active account with Defense Connect Online in order to view seminar briefings in real-time. A short tutorial for users without existing DCO accounts can be found at https://www.dco.dod.mil/ (AKO Login Required).
- NOTE: If using Internet Explorer (IE), or Mozilla Firefox you receive the following message: "cannot connect to IE" or you receive an Adobe Flash Player error, you will need to run a "Test Meeting Connectivity."
- Go to https://connect.dco.dod.mil/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm (Connectivity test should begin automatically and should only take approximately a Minute to complete.)
- If you need to add the Adobe Connect Add-In follow the online instructions for installing Adobe Connect Add-In and it will install.
- Click "Test Again" button and connectivity test should be successful.
- If you are still having issues please call Ms. Rhonda Cole at 706.580.2139.
- Maneuver Conference DCO Operating Procedures:
- Users should logon with DCO account credentials or as a “Guest” (Please provide RANK and NAME) and users will be approved entrance into the room by an administrator.
- Video and microphone functions inside the DCO room will be disabled by the room administrator. All user interfaces will be limited to the chat function. Chat comments MUST be limited to questions regarding seminar subject material or to report technical difficulty. The sheer number of virtual attendees will not allow for personal chat between users while monitoring the seminar presentations.
- Questions are welcomed and encouraged during scheduled seminar topics of discussion. Queries through the chat function must include the user’s NAME, RANK, UNIT, LOCATION and email address to ensure effective answers are provided.
- DDCO Brief Schedule will be hosted from 0800-1630 (Eastern Standard Time) using the following NIPR DCO link https://connect.dco.dod.mil/maneuverconference2014/. Simply click on the link, and logon using your DCO credentials.
- POCs for this memorandum are Ms. Rhonda G. Cole, email@example.com, 706.580.2139 or Mr. Rich Ito, firstname.lastname@example.org.
“HONING THE MANEUVER FORCE FOR THE NEXT FIGHT”
9 SEP – The Basics
- Inform the force about current state of the MCoE, Infantry School and Armor School and establish priorities for the future of the Maneuver force.
- Inform the force about the Reserve Component and its integration into ongoing and future operations.
- Review current work on fundamental aspects of Maneuver Force (standards/ shooting/ the Squad) and validate or adjust current priorities and initiatives.
10 SEP – Looking to the Future
- Gather lessons learned from our Allies’ preparation for future war.
- Consider implications of emerging and future threats that maneuver forces may face.
- Consider implications of how maneuver forces may be employed to achieve national objectives in the future and how they might have to change to do complete those missions.
- Develop recommendations about how the maneuver force might adapt to meet future challenges.
11 SEP – Checking our Azimuth
- Review/ consider lessons learned from SOF /CF integration and initial experiences with RAF.
- Develop recommendations for improving/ adapting ongoing initiatives to adapt the force for future challenges.
- Review and validate or adjust current doctrine and training initiatives with the force.
Local Area Information
For information related to the Maneuver Warfighter Conference.
Hours of Operations M-F 0800-1700 EST
- 706-545-1089 | DSN 835-1089
Directions from Atlanta
For information related to VIP lodging contact Crystal Hymes.
- 706-545-4025 | DSN 835-4025
Website Last Updated
August 27, 2014 11:07 AM