199th Infantry Brigade Site
Armor Basic Officer Leaders Course (ABOLC)
GODSPEED CLASS 20-001
WELCOME CLASS 20-004
The 2nd Squadron, 16th U.S. Cavalry Regiment trains and develops Tank Platoon Leaders and professional Cadre who are competent leaders of character capable to lead, fight, and win in the multi-domain environment while increasing Soldier readiness and strengthening Family and community bonds.
The 2nd Squadron, 16th Cavalry Regiment trains leaders of character through a phased concept of instruction by developing IMT Armor Lieutenants, Permanent Party Cadre, and DA Civilians to support and win our Nation's wars in a multi domain environment. The Squadron continues to support families and strengthens community relationships while maintaining their trust.
- Training. Conduct realistic, challenging and relevant training that is nested in our POis and focus on gunnery skills, battle drills (crew, section, and platoon}, maintenance, leadership, medical training and physical fitness. Seek opportunities for Permanent Party Cadre and DA Civilians to attend training, leader development schools and/or functional training as part of their development.
- Standards. Ensuring Saber Soldiers know the standards, communicate the standards, and enforce the standards. Never look past a deficiency.
- Dignity and Respect. I expect every Soldiers to exercise the utmost respect to subordinates, superiors, students, family members and everyone else you encounter on and off of Fort Benning. Simply put, treat others as you would want to be treated.
- Teamwork. Supporting each other, our families and our surrounding community, is just as important as supporting the mission. I expect every member of the squadron to contribute. No one can do everything, but together, as a team, composed of Permanent Party Cadre, and DA Civilians, we can accomplish any mission.
- Accountability and Maintenance of our equipment. Take care of the equipment, so the equipment can take care of you.
- Balance. Balance between work and family is extremely important. Seek balance between your professional and personal lives. I will set the example and challenge you to do the same.
- Pursuit of Excellence. Accept that excellence is a shot in time. In order to maintain excellence, strive to be better each and every day, by using initiative and sound judgment, while learning from, not repeating, failures.
MEMORANDUM FOR: Incoming Armor Lieutenants