Basic Airborne Course (BAC) Site
Basic Airborne Course (BAC)
Clothing and Equipment Requirements
- Military identification card
- TWO SETS of Identification tags: One long and one short chain interlaced,
with one ID tag per chain (and medical alert badge if required) per set.
- Military issue eyeglasses 2 pair with retainer straps, as required. (Due to
fragility of civilian eyeglasses, it is suggested they not be worn during
BAC training.) Contact lenses are NOT authorized.
- Duty uniform Patrol cap 2 each (Beret is acceptable for foreign students
- Duty Uniform with appropriate rank, insignia, nametapes, and branch tapes,
minimum 4 sets
- Issued belt 2 each
- Tan undershirts or other service authorized undershirts (worn with Service
Uniform) 5 each
- Underwear 5 each
- Service PT Uniform. To include Army T-shirt (short and long sleeve), shorts
(summer), sweat top, sweat pants, gloves with inserts, and authorized cap
(winter). For those services not issued organizational PT uniforms including
long sleeve PT shirt (such as some Navy and Air Force units), service
component PT uniform are acceptable. Appropriate colors include solid black,
gray, brown, or dark blue attire free of unit and commercial logos.
- Standard issue combat boots for service uniform. Hot weather/temperate
weather tan boots for service uniform. 2 pair (Note: altered boots are not
- Wet Weather Top
- Cushion soled socks black or green (for wear with boots) 5 pair
- Authorized running shoes
- Authorized white athletic socks (must cover the ankle), 5 pair
- Boot cleaning gear
- Towels 3 each
- Washcloths 3 each
- Heavy duty combination locks 2 each (combination locks ARE required)
- AR 40-5, Preventive Medicine and AR 40-63, Ophthalmic Services Does not
authorize contact lenses for wear in field (dirty or dusty) environments,
because BAC students are trained in a dirty, or dusty, environment CONTACT
LENSES CANNOT BE WORN DURING BAC TRAINING.
- BAC students are only authorized to wear issued combat boots with no
- White athletic socks will have no stripes or commercial product markings
and will extend beyond the ankles.
- Personnel must provide their own military issue black gloves with liners.
- During winter season (October - March) authorized PT headgear cap and
authorized cold weather jacket (i.e., Gortex-lined waterproof parka).
- During summer season (April - September) Personnel must provide their own
sunscreen with an SPF of 50.
- DO NOT bring any Personally Owned Weapons to the course.
Dietary supplements are not authorized for use by any personnel
attending courses on Ft. Benning. These supplements are sold under a variety
of brand names, including but not limited to Ripped Fuel, Metabolife,