Fort Benning

U.S. Army Fort Benning and The Maneuver Center of Excellence

1st Battalion (ABN), 507th Parachute Infantry Regiment BACSOP

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I get more information about Airborne School?
Additional information concerning Airborne School is referenced in the following places:

Units should always verify the course schedule, pre-requisites, reporting dates, start dates and end dates with the ATTRS site. You can find ATTRS information for the Basic Airborne Course under “Class Dates” or “Incoming Student Information” for either Jumpmaster or Pathfinder School.

I am qualified Parachutist but not on hazardous duty orders and would like to be a Guest Jumper with 1-507 PIR?
You must be on hazardous duty orders in order to be guest jumper. If assigned to Ft. Benning you may apply for Permissive Jump Status. Refer to MCoE Regulation 350-3 for requirements and procedures.

The Army regulations that deal with permissive jump status are AR 614-200 and AR 350-1.

I am a current and qualified Jumpmaster, and would like to perform duties with 1-507th?
According to MCoE Regulation 350-3, only 1-507th Cadre are authorized to perform Jumpmaster/Safety duties within 1-507th PIR.

I am a graduate of Airborne/Jumpmaster/Pathfinder Schools, but have lost my diploma, where can I get another?
To obtain duplicate diplomas before the year 2000 please contact Academic Records at once email has been received Academic Records will contact you with what information is needed. For duplicate diplomas or orders after the year 2000, contact Airborne Student accountability at 706-545-4874

I am qualified Parachutist can Fort Benning place me on permissive jump orders?
NO, Fort Benning cannot place any soldier not assigned to the MCoE on permissive jump Status.